REKOMENDUOK IT PROFĄ
IR GAUK 1000€
Software Development Manager
Shift4 is looking for an uber passionate development leader that is also hands-on web applications and API developer to lead a team of other developers, designers and QA professionals responsible for designing, developing and deploying Shift4’s powerful built-for-cloud Lighthouse Business Management System (“Lighthouse”) used by 10,000’s of restaurants in the US.
In addition to transforming business intelligence for restaurant operators into actionable insights with a single click, Lighthouse provides:
- Remote point-of-sale (“POS”) management for Shift4’s Edgewater Android/Cloud POS platform,
- Cloud-delivered reporting & analytics,
- Labor management and scheduling,
- One-click deploy of online ordering and table reservations,
- Reputation and social media management,
- Marketing tools that manage campaigns w/automated email marketing,
- API for integration to 3rd-parties (e.g. Uber Eats, Doordash),
- Customer database with email capture from Shift4’s SkyTab platform (www.skytab.com),
- Quick access to monthly credit card statements, chargeback notifications & 1099’s.
- Lighthouse is deployed in Amazon Web Services for high-scalability, reliability, performance & redundancy (Elastic Beanstalk, RDS/Postgres, Elasticache/Redis , RabbitMQ, CloudFront, multi-AZ, etc.).
- Tech stacks include:
- Node.JS (Sequelize ORM, Express web framework, Yarn package manager, Mocha, NYC & Instanbul (test code coverage), Node Security Package),
- Web UI Stack (React, Ember CLI, v2.12, Typescript, Semantic UI),
- Continuous Integration/Devops(Gitlab, Docker compose),
- SaaS Services used: Twilio, Sentry.
- Plans, directs and coordinates all activities related to Lighthouse front end, back end and API development, deployment and support,
- Motivate, supervise and delegate tasks and duties to the development team within Shift4’s Scaled Agile SDLC,
- Hire and arrange training for new developers, designers and QA professionals,
- Conducts performance reviews and provide career guidance for all direct reports,
- Apply Shift4 development standards to the team, and work with other development managers to establish and update existing standards to meet the needs of the Edgewater product line,
- Work alongside other Software Engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices as they relate to the project and general software engineering concepts,
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Business Analysts, QA, and other team members to achieve elegant solutions which satisfy business needs, goals, and objectives,
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement of development processes, technical solutions, and Lighthouse itself,
- Test “your own” code via unit, integration and acceptance testing techniques to ensure delivery and quality goals are met,
- Diagnose and resolve issues with deployed systems using a variety of techniques including direct engagement with support personnel and customers,
- Proactive assessment and analysis of existing systems to maximize quality and customer satisfaction, minimize maintenance costs and other operational issues.
- Has previous leadership/management experience leading a product team, and/or, has completed a multi-day basic manage/leadership training curriculum which included topics such as day-to-day management competencies, conducting employee performance reviews, communication, management processes, motivation, dealing with conflict, etc.,
- Strives for a pragmatic approach when interacting with cross-functional teams to ensure that programming and style conflicts do not undermine the end goals,
- Able to coach/lead team members of all experience levels on all aspects of product development and knows when to (and when not to) apply more management principles to push things along,
- 5-10+ years of hands-on experience with most of the tech stacks listed above,
- Experience working in an agile software development lifecycle (SDLC) by designing, developing, and deploying working software through analysis of functionality as defined by a Product team,
- Expertise and focus around Enterprise-related functionality including consolidated reporting and multi-store management a plus,
- Comfortable and experienced identifying and implementing non-functional requirements, writing code that is clean, of good quality, and is compliant with ISO 25010 standards (functional stability, performance efficiency, compatibility, usability, reliability, security, maintainability, portability),
- Proficient with testing work-in-progress deliverables to make sure they meet acceptance criteria and functional requirements as defined by a Product team as well as non-functional requirements defined by the development team,
- Enjoys performing ongoing maintenance, support, and functional or non-functional enhancements to existing software to ensure operational stability and responsiveness to evolving business needs,
- Great interpersonal, verbal and written skills including documentation of complex technical solutions (e.g., flow charts, UML diagrams, code comments),
- Driven and wants to be part of a highly productive team that delivers products on a continual basis,
- Restaurant POS experience a huge plus.
- A growing innovative company with a friendly atmosphere;
- Library, training, online courses and conferences to improve your skills;
- Unifying events and team buildings;
- Remote workout classes;
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses;
- Additional vacation days;
- Health insurance;
- Salary starting from 6000 EUR / gross.